Custom Search

Monday, February 15, 2010

Start up BAT file for Wallpaper and IE Browser

I wasn't able to update user settings in each of the computers. I encountered a lot of issues when the user role for the computer is not an admin role. I can't fix it right away since I don't stay in the shop 24/7. The one I hired don't have a deep knowledge on computer troubleshooting. Thus I ended up in setting the computers to use an administrator account.

But because of this there have been frequent updates of our wallpaper and browser homepage. They just can't get a hold of themselves not to change anything on the computer.. tsk tsk.. :-(.

As a solution, I will be adding a bat file for the start up of the computers. Hope this will help in automatically setting the browser home page and computer wallpaper. If you are wondering if the users will still be able to find where this file is located, I'll have 90% chance that they will not spend their time altering it since it will consume their rent of the computer. :D

For those interested, below is the code for the bat file:

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Start Page" /t REG_SZ /d http://www.google.com /f
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v "Wallpaper" /t REG_SZ /d "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\xxx.jpg" /f

No comments:

Post a Comment